Immigrant Heritage Month Activities Announced by The LIBRE Initiative
(Arlington, VA) – Today The LIBRE Initiative announced a series of events and activities to take place during the remainder of the month of June, to commemorate Immigrant Heritage Month. These activities kicked off on June 5, when The LIBRE Initiative joined with Microsoft and other partners to ring the opening bell of the NASDAQ.
Throughout Immigrant Heritage Month, The LIBRE Initiative – and its C3 partner, The LIBRE Institute - will sponsor activities in communities around the country, highlighting the role that immigrants have made – and continue to make – in building the greatest nation on Earth. Additional events and projects may be announced in the days and weeks ahead.
Immigrant Heritage Month Activities Include:
- Social media promotion of the importance of immigration to our nation throughout the month – along with highlights of specific immigrants.
- June 11: English Language Graduation Ceremony, Georgia (The LIBRE Institute)
- June 13: Small business development seminar, Nevada
- June 22: English language tutoring, Virginia (The LIBRE Institute)
- June 22: Immigration Forum, Florida
- June 25: Financial literacy event, Texas (The LIBRE Institute)
Daniel Garza, President of The LIBRE Initiative, released the following statement:
“Throughout our history, immigrants have contributed their dynamism and their talents to our great nation. These contributions have been essential in making the United States the success that it is, and they continue to be critical to shaping America’s future success. We’re gratified to be able to partner with people and organizations around the country to continue to highlight the value of immigration – and to help immigrants overcome the barriers that limit their success today.”