Build a thriving economy
Latinos and all Americans continue to struggle with the negative economic impacts of the pandemic and government actions that have created barriers to economic growth, stability, and freedom. Our community thrives when we are empowered to reach our financial goals and dreams. Congress should support policies that foster innovation, remove barriers to opportunity, and enable everyone to improve their lives and communities.
Protecting Flexible Work and Empowering Entrepreneurs
- Independent Contractor reforms.
- Prevents harmful joint employer standards.
Removing Harmful Barriers That Artificially Drive-up Costs
The Yes In My Backyard Act [S.1614 / H.R.3198] by Sen. Young (R-IN), Sen. Schatz (D-HI); Rep. Kilmer (D-WA)
- Addresses land use regulations that drive up the cost of housing.
Unleashing American Innovation and Increasing Access to Capital
The Clarity for Digital Tokens Act [H.R. 5496] by Rep. McHenry (R-NC)
- Creates a regulatory sandbox to better facilitate American innovation of functional or decentralized networks.
Provide a personal option for health care
Latinos are worried about not being able to afford health care. Far too many families are confronting the challenges of high health care costs, few options and feeling overwhelmed by an incredibly complex health care system. It shouldn’t have to be this way.
The pandemic has taught us that health care works best when we unleash innovation and remove barriers between patients and medical professionals. Congress should make the pandemic waivers permanent and repeal needless rules and mandates in favor of competition, innovation, and consumer empowerment – the only sure way to simultaneously reduce costs, expand access, and improve quality.
Empowering Patients to become Consumers
The Personalized Care Act [S.153 / H.R.725] by Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX); Rep. Chip Roy (R-TX)
- Expands Access to Health Savings Accounts.
Removing Barriers between Patients and Doctors
The CONNECT for Health Act of 2021 [H.R.2903] by Rep. Mike Thompson (D-CA), Rep. Schweikert (R-AZ), Rep. Bill Johnson (R-OH)
- Increases Access to telehealth services by removing restrictive barriers.
Strengthen and modernize the American immigration system
We believe immigration is good, but our system is not. This means we need reforms that secure our border, modernize legal immigration, provide an earned legal status to Dreamers, and address the status quo of the undocumented population.
Failing to fix our outdated, broken system threatens our national security, economic prosperity, and the cohesion of the family unit. Polling shows that 9/10 Americans want Congress to take action on immigration reform.
Modernizing Legal Immigration Channels and Enhancing Border Security
Bipartisan Border Solutions Act [S. 1358 / H.R. 2839] by Sen. Cornyn (R-TX), Sen. Sinema (D-AZ); Rep. Cuellar (D-TX), Rep. Gonzales (R-TX)
- Increases personnel and facilities to mitigate the large influx of migrants at our southern border.
Farm Workforce Modernization Act [H.R. 1603] by Rep. Lofgren (D-CA), Rep. Newhouse (R-WA)
- Reforms the H-2A guestworker program and creates a program for ag workers to earn legal status.
Dignity Act (H.R.6637) by Rep. Salazar (R-FL)
- Hires thousands of additional border security personnel, modernizes malfunctioning technology and equipment; protects undocumented immigrants who came to the country as children, known as DREAMers; provides a 10-year path to a renewable legal status for undocumented immigrants who have not committed any crimes; and expands visas for agricultural workers.
Establish a Process for Dreamers to Obtain Certainty
A solution that provides a pathway to permanent legal status for Dreamers that meet a set of requirements.
Criminal justice reform
In a policy area replete with antiquated and unjust regulations we support commonsense policies which will enhance the safety of our communities and help create a federal justice system more in line with the principles established by our Founders in the Constitution. People should be held accountable for their actions. But those who pay their debt to society deserve a second chance—one that’s denied to too many people today.
Remove Barriers to a True Second Chance
Driving for Opportunity Act [H.R. 2453 / S. 998] by Sen. Coons (D-DE), Sen.Wicker (R-MS); Rep. Fitzpatrick (R-PA), Rep. Scanlon (D-PA)
- Creates incentives to stop debt-based driver’s license suspensions while fully respecting state sovereignty by neither forcing nor coercing states.
Begin Again Act [H.R. 1924 / S. 2502] by Sen. Cornyn (R-TX), Sen. Coons (D-DE); Rep. Van Taylor (R-TX), Rep. Jeffries (D-NY)
- Expansion of expungement eligibility for first-time simple federal drug offense.