(El Paso, TX) – Today, The LIBRE Initiative – Texas, an organization committed to empowering the Hispanic community, announced plans to host a policy forum with Daniel Garza, president of The LIBRE Initiative and Congressman Tony Gonzales to discuss the need to immediately improve our country’s immigration system.
Recently, Rep. Gonzales introduced The Bipartisan Border Solution Act of 2021 – legislation aimed at addressing the current emergency at our southern border.
Media Interested in Attending Strongly Encouraged to RSVP
What: Soluciones con LIBRE: A Conversation on Immigration
Who: Daniel Garza, president of The LIBRE Initiative
Congressman Tony Gonzales
When: Tuesday, June 8 6PM MST
Where: Los Bandidos de Carlos & Mickey’s
El Paso, Texas 79925
Media RSVP: Israel Ortega
The LIBRE Initiative is non-partisan grassroots organization committed to helping the Hispanic community break down barriers so that they can achieve success and live out the American Dream. Among the group’s priorities is working with lawmakers, on both sides of the aisle, to improve our country’s immigration system.
If enacted, this bill would:
- Enhance the processing speed and screening of asylum seekers by expanding capacity and staffing in our immigration system.
- Provide protections that improve the safety for migrant children with improved vetting of sponsors and regular inspections of facilities.
- Allocate adequate resources to improve processing of migrants.
- Streamline credible fear determination and asylum decisions through a pilot program.
- Establish at least 4 regional processing centers in high traffic sectors of U.S. Border Patrol.
- Mandate HHS conduct regular inspections of facilities providing custody to UACs creating efficiencies while keeping unaccompanied children safe.
- Authorize the hiring of additional border personnel.
- Enhance Congressional reporting and oversight.