It’s time for lawmakers to work together and approve a permanent solution for Dreamers and the countless communities they contribute to – this includes the nearly 30,000 Dreamers working as nurses, physicians’ assistants, and other health professions helping the U.S. battle against COVID-19.
IMMIGRATION REFORM: MODERNIZING OUR SYSTEM
Throughout our nation’s history – both during highs and lows—we have experienced unparalleled economic growth through immigrants and non-immigrants working together to build our nation and expand prosperity for all. We believe immigration is good, but our system is not. Our outdated, ineffective immigration system should be updated.
Permanent Solution for Dreamers – We support a law that provides individuals with certainty and the ability to plan their lives, including permanent status for Dreamers and TPS recipients, many of whom have lived in the U.S. for over two decades and have been contributors to our communities, and our nation’s fabrics. Congress must address this ongoing issue with a permanent legislative solution for Dreamers and TPS recipients.
Visa Reform: Modernize and Streamline Access to Legal Immigration Channels
Our immigration system is complex and inefficient—built on laws that have not been updated in decades. Congress should enact solutions that streamline and increase access to legal immigration channels, strengthen security, accountability, and transparency, and ensure laws are clear, just, and applied equally.
But for this to happen, Congress needs to hear from YOU!
Join the movement by telling Congress to enact legislation to provide certainty for Dreamers
- Tell your elected officials that it’s time to enact #Dreamer legislation by signing this letter.
- Ask 10 of your friends to join you in signing the letter.
- Watch and Share this video (by our partner Tim Philips, president of Americans for Prosperity) calling on congress to take action!
Learn More about the issue:
Have questions about Dreamers and DACA recipients? You are not alone.
And if you’ve ever wondered why «Just becoming a Citizen» is not an option for DREAMERS, we encourage you to read more on that topic here:
Social Media Challenge: Share Your Story, Share Your Opinion
Enacting a permanent solution for Dreamers is more than providing immediate relief to the Dreamer population – it’s also about protecting our country’s communities, prosperity, and ingenuity.
Help us get this message to policymakers and people across the country by recording a short, simple video message and posting it to social media about why you support a permanent solution for Dreamers.
Use the hashtag #AFutureWithDreamers
- Grab a recording device that provides you with the best audio/video quality.
- Center yourself in the frame and make sure the camera is at eye level.
- Do a “sound check.” Record a short video of yourself and replay it to make sure that you can see and hear yourself clearly.
- In approximately 30-60 seconds, share with the audience why Congress needs to urgently enact legislation to provide a permanent solution for Dreamers and the U.S. communities they serve.
- Share your video on your social media channels and encourage 5 of your friends to do the same.
Spread the Word
Post the following graphics on your social media accounts to help spread the word on the need to enact a permanent solution for Dreamers and the U.S. communities they are a part of.
We encourage you to think of your own captions but here are some suggestions to share with the graphics:
- The American people overwhelmingly support a permanent solution for Dreamers. What is Congress waiting for?
- Dreamers are patriotic and valuable members of our society. Congress: immediately enact legislation to provide a permanent solution for Dreamers and the communities they serve.
- Nearly 30,000 Dreamers are working as nurses, physicians’ assistants, and other health professions helping the U.S. battle against COVID-19. Congress needs to pass Dreamer legislation!
- It’s time for the White House and lawmakers – on both sides of the aisle – to stand together to work out a permanent solution for Dreamers and the U.S. communities they serve.
Help us amplify #AFutureWithDreamers by sharing these graphics: