Community-Building Events, Uplifting Messages During Hispanic Heritage Month
(Washington, D.C.) – Over the past thirty days, The LIBRE Initiative celebrated Hispanic Heritage Month around the country with dozens of events, and the inspiring #ClaimYourDream social media campaign that reached thousands of Latinos and others online. The events paid tribute to the Hispanic community in the U.S. and their efforts to achieve the American Dream, as well as highlighted the positive contributions Hispanics have made throughout the history of the United States.
Daniel Garza, Executive Director of The LIBRE Initiative, released the following statement:
“Celebrating Hispanic Heritage Month at The LIBRE Initiative wasn’t only about paying tribute to our great predecessors and our heritage in America, but also to use this chance to empower our community with the tools to succeed and continue to become agents of change in our country.
Through our social media campaign #ClaimYourDream, we encouraged our community to put their life goals in writing. It was powerful to see so many unique dreams across different generations and cities. We also took this opportunity to engage with Latinos about how free markets and limited government can help them claim those dreams. We provided a space where we, as a community, could engage with policymakers on the issues that affect them every day. We did this through The LIBRE Forum: Unlimited Opportunities in a Free Society, a series of public forums which launched during Hispanic Heritage Month, but will continue through next week. We are proud members of the U.S. Hispanic community, and our goal is to see our brothers and sisters in this nation thriving.”
Below are just a few of the inspirational Hispanic Heritage Month events held by The LIBRE Initiative across the nation:
- #ClaimYourDream social media campaign celebrated throughout the whole month. The LIBRE Initiative was able to combine on-the-ground efforts with online engagement, reaching thousands across the country who shared their dreams to achieve greater success in this country.
- “Fiestas Patrias” event in Dallas, TX with almost 12,000 attendees who came out to commemorate Hispanic heritage and kick off the month of celebrations.
- “Marcos Witt Live” concert in Denver, CO. Almost a thousand people came to worship, celebrate, and learn about The LIBRE Initiative’s work in the community.
- Field Office Grand Opening in San Antonio, TX. In light of Hispanic Heritage Month and in an effort to better serve our community in the Lone Star State, The LIBRE Initiative was proud to invite members of the community to celebrate the opening of its newest office.
- “The LIBRE Forum with Sen. Rand Paul” event in Las Vegas, NV. As part of The LIBRE Forum Series: Unlimited Opportunities in a Free Society, we provided the community an opportunity to engage with a national policy maker on the issues that matter most to them.
- “Marcos Witt Live” concert in Orlando, FL with almost 5,000 attendees. Following the great success in CO, Marcos Witt saw great potential in partnering with The LIBRE Initiative once again – this time reaching Hispanic Christians in Florida.
- “Youth Mariachi Festival” concert in San Antonio, TX. With over 3,500 attendees singing and celebrating Mexican culture, our social media campaign #ClaimYourDream got a significant boost with younger people and adults alike.
- “Hazte ciudadano” event in Miami, FL where almost 400 attendees left the event ready to become U.S. citizens.
- “The LIBRE Forum with Sen. Marco Rubio” event in Las Vegas, NV. Also part of The LIBRE Forum Series, more than 200 people in attendance engaged with the Senator on the economy, education, healthcare, and immigration.