Advisory: Sen. Cornyn to Talk Border Solutions at LIVE Event with AFP, LIBRE
Sen. Cornyn to discuss the path forward on his border solutions bill
(McAllen, TX) – The LIBRE Initiative and Americans for Prosperity are hosting Senator John Cornyn (TX) for a grassroots events to discuss Border Solutions that Work, tomorrow Tuesday at 7pm EST. Media should rsvp here.
Recently, Sen. Cornyn introduced The Bipartisan Border Solution Act of 2021 – legislation aimed at addressing the current emergency at our southern border. Sen. Kyrsten Sinema is a co-sponsor of this bill.
LIVE EVENT: Sen. Cornyn to Discuss Border Solutions that Work.
HOST: Daniel Garza (LIBRE President), Jorge Lima (AFP, SVP of Policy)
WHEN: Tuesday, 5/25/21
TIME: 7pm EST, 6pm CST
MEDIA: RSVP Here
If enacted, this bill would:
- Enhance the processing speed and screening of asylum seekers by expanding capacity and staffing in our immigration system.
- Provide protections that improve the safety for migrant children with improved vetting of sponsors and regular inspections of facilities.
- Allocate adequate resources to improve processing of migrants.
- Streamline credible fear determination and asylum decisions through a pilot program.
- Establish at least 4 regional processing centers in high traffic sectors of U.S. Border Patrol.
- Mandate HHS conduct regular inspections of facilities providing custody to UACs creating efficiencies while keeping unaccompanied children safe.
- Authorize the hiring of additional border personnel.
- Enhance Congressional reporting and oversight.